The University of California employs about 3,426 licensed health care professionals who provide a wide variety of clinical and medical services at the university's five medical centers, nine student health centers and numerous outpatient clinics.
UC Health represents the fourth-largest health care delivery system in California. The medical centers provide patient care services valued at nearly $7 billion annually, accounting for more than 3.9 million clinic visits and more than 290,000 emergency room visits each year.
Non-managerial health care professional employees in this bargaining unit are represented by the University Professional and Technical Employees (UPTE) union.
- UC reaches tentative agreement with health care, research and technical employees
Sunday, December 15, 2013
- Court issues injunction limiting strike at med centers
Monday, May 20, 2013
- Information for UC health care employees about UC’s latest wage proposal
Friday, May 17, 2013
- Bargaining update: State grants UC's petition for impasse declaration in UPTE negotiations
Monday, April 22, 2013
- Bargaining update: UC to seek impasse in health care professionals contract negotiations with UPTE
Wednesday, April 17, 2013