The University of California employs about 12,046 academic student employees. These academic student employees, who are primarily graduate students, provide vital services as teaching assistants, readers and tutors in support of faculty and lecturers. They play an important role in helping to fulfill the university's instructional mission.
The unit includes academic student employees at all campuses except UCSF, and is represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW).
- UC-United Auto Workers Bargaining Update – April 23, 2014
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- UC-United Auto Workers bargaining update
Monday, March 31, 2014
- Bargaining Update: UC proposes increased wages, benefits for academic student employees
Monday, December 2, 2013
- Bargaining Update: UC presents comprehensive contract offer for academic student employees
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- Bargaining Update: UC, UAW begin contract negotiations for academic student employees
Wednesday, July 10, 2013