UC High Option is a Medicare supplement plan, covering costs Medicare does not cover.
2017 changes: Anthem Blue Cross has replaced Blue Shield of California as the administrator of medical and behavioral health benefits for UC's PPO plans (including UC High Option Supplement to Medicare). OptumRx has replaced Blue Shield as the administrator of prescription drug benefits. For more information, see our transition checklist.
You will receive separate ID cards for your medical and pharmacy benefits; Anthem Blue Cross and OptumRx have begun mailing 2017 ID cards. You may also print a copy of your ID card from the Anthem or OptumRx website or call Anthem (844-437-0486) or OptumRx (855-489-0651) to request your ID number.
How the plan works
- You must use Medicare providers; providers who accept Medicare assignment cost less.
- For services covered by Medicare, Medicare benefits are primary and then the benefits of this plan are calculated to coordinate up to the Medicare allowed amount.
- You pay the deductible ($50 per member) for the non-Medicare-covered services that the plan covers.
- Behavioral health benefits are provided by Medicare and Anthem Blue Cross. Beginning in 2017, members will be covered for outpatient services not covered by Medicare from all in- and out-of-network licensed behavioral health providers, including psychiatrists, psychologists, MFTs and MFCCs. Please check with your provider to be sure they are available under this plan.
Best fit for you if:
- You are willing to pay higher premiums for nearly 100% coverage
- You want direct access to Medicare providers without need for referrals