Recent cyber attacks at Anthem, Target and Home Depot are all reminders that everyone is vulnerable to identity theft. Even losing your wallet can result in identity theft.
Whether you’ve been a victim of identity theft or not, it’s good to know that, if you’re enrolled in ARAG, the UC-sponsored legal plan, you have identity theft services available to you.
This benefit provides you with $1 million in identity theft insurance, as well as access to identity theft case specialists who work on your behalf to provide full-service identity restoration. You can also safeguard your personal information, and that of your family, by signing up to receive credit monitoring, internet surveillance and child identity monitoring services. These are the same identity theft services that many UC employees already purchase through other companies.
To activate the full suite of these benefits:
- Log into ARAGLegalCenter.com with your member user name and password.
- On the right side of the home page, under New Coverage Added!, click on “Create Account.”
A few important notes:
- Please ensure your internet browser is one of the two latest versions.
- Activate your account first, then activate services for your spouse or domestic partner.
- The password you create cannot contain special characters.
If you want to know more about how to take full advantage of these services, attend ARAG’s 30-minute webinar, How to use ARAG’s expanded ID theft services.
The webinar is being offered on March 26, 2015, at 11:00-11:30 am and April 2, 2015, at 2:00 – 2:30 pm. To register, visit this website and choose the time that works best for you. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you’re an ARAG member, take these proactive steps to protect your identity.