Kaiser is an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) with a closed network of providers.
How the plan works
- You choose a primary care physician (PCP) from Kaiser’s network.
- The PCP coordinates your care and refers you to specialists.
- The plan covers the cost of services only when your primary care physician authorizes it.
- Kaiser provides coverage for services outside of the network only in cases of emergency.
- Behavioral health benefits are provided by Kaiser and Optum.
Best fit for you if:
- You want low monthly premiums
- You want low, predictable out-of-pocket costs
- You like having one doctor manage your care
- You are happy with the selection of providers within the Kaiser system
Monthly plan costs
|$53,000 and under||$17.78||$32.00||$38.94||$53.14|
|$156,001 and above||$129.14||$232.45||$271.42||$374.71|
Typical out-of-pocket costs
- Office visits/Urgent care: $20
- Emergency room visits: $75
- Hospital stay: $250
- Prescription drugs: $5, generic; $25, brand name
Kaiser began mailing ID cards to new members on Dec. 23, 2016. You may also order a copy of your ID card on the Kaiser website or call 800-464-4000 to request your ID number.