Health Net Blue & Gold is an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) with a custom network of providers created exclusively for UC. The Blue & Gold network includes:
- Over 240 hospitals, 9,400 primary care physicians and 25,000 specialists
- Coverage in 30 California counties
- All UC Medical Centers and medical groups
How the plan works
- You choose a doctor in the Blue & Gold HMO network to coordinate your care and refer you to a specialist when you need one.
- You pay a copayment for prescription drugs and some services.
- The plan covers the cost of services only if your medical group authorizes them.
- Health Net Blue & Gold provides coverage for services outside of your medical group only in cases of emergency.
- In-network behavioral health benefits are provided by Optum.
Best fit for you if:
- You want low, predictable out-of-pocket costs
- You like having one doctor manage your care
- You are happy with the selection of providers
Monthly plan costs
|$53,000 and under||$37.08||$66.74||$135.29||$164.95|
|$156,001 and above||$148.44||$267.19||$367.77||$486.52|
Rates for union-represented employees are subject to ongoing collective bargaining as appropriate.
Typical out-of-pocket costs
- Office visit/urgent care visit: $20 (preventive care has no charge)
- Online/telephone consult: No charge
- Emergency room: $75
- Hospital stay: $250
- Prescription drugs: $5, generic; $25, brand name; $40, non-formulary
Health Net began mailing 2017 ID cards on Dec. 27, 2016. You may also print a copy of your ID card from the Health Net website or call 800-539-4072 to request your ID number.