• Review this Open Enrollment website to help you make your benefit choices for 2019. You can also download the Open Enrollment Booklet for employees or retirees.
  • Enroll in a new medical plan if you wish.
  • Use the WageWorks calculator tools to determine how much you want to contribute to your Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) in 2019. For employees only. Remember, if you plan to enroll in the UC Health Savings Plan, you cannot enroll in the Health FSA.
  • Change to a different dental plan, if you wish (California residents only).
  • Enroll eligible family members in your health plans.
  • Suspend coverage (retirees only). If you have other group or individual medical coverage, you may suspend your UC-sponsored medical coverage and re-enroll during a future Open Enrollment or at any time if you lose the other coverage.
  • Re-enroll in a medical plan if you have previously suspended your UC-sponsored plan. Retirees must have had continuous medical coverage under another group or individual plan.
  • If you want to change your primary care physician and you will not be changing your medical plan, call your plan to request the change.
  • To enroll in a new medical plan or make other plan changes, sign in to your benefits account to make your elections. See How to Make Changes Using At Your Service Online or How to Make Changes Using UCPath for details.

Changes you make during Open Enrollment, other than enrollment in pet insurance, will be effective Jan. 1, 2019.