The university invites comments on the proposed revisions to the Presidential Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence.
Proposed policy revisions reflect requirements found in:
- The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), reauthorized by President Obama in 2013
- Final regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Education, issued in October 2014 (to be effective July 2015).
Additionally, proposed revisions to the policy
- Address outstanding issues and questions dating from the original Policy review process begun in fall 2013
- Assure that the Policy is consistent with the efforts of President Napolitano’s Task Force on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence and Sexual Assault
- Improve clarity and readability, as requested during the previous 2013-14 review by faculty, students and staff.
You can read the proposed revised Presidential Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence here.
Employees who wish to provide comments on the proposed revisions should check with their local Human Resources Office about how to submit comments.