Will you be able to retire without worrying about money? Find out now. It's easy.
UC this month launched the new online Retirement Review to provide a personalized snapshot of how much you can expect to receive from UC's pension plan - the UCRP - and your UC retirement savings investments when you retire.
The online Retirement Review replaces the paper brochure you received by mail every February - and it's better. It lets you add other retirement income such as Social Security or non-UC retirement savings to create a more accurate view of how well you're doing saving for retirement. In addition, the interactive tool allows you to model other scenarios: for example, what if you want to retire earlier or later? What if you want to change your 403(b)/457(b) plan contributions? You can try these options and more to build a comprehensive picture of what you need for a worry-free retirement.
It's all part of the revamped, more robust UC Focus on Your Future website that offers more tools and resources at the click of a mouse.
"There's so much helpful and useful information at your fingertips. You're more in control of planning your retirement," said Darlene Alvarez, a calculations specialist in the Retirement Administration Service Center who joined UC eight months ago and was part of a focus group that test-drove the website in January.
Plus, you'll be able to access all the things you've come to count on such as your retirement savings plans with Fidelity and the FOCUS newsletter. Just log into the UC Focus on Your Future website to find it.
Whether you're just starting out in the workforce or close to retiring, UC Focus on Your Future will help you:
• Use the Retirement Review tool to check your Retirement Readiness Score, which is the percentage of your annual income you'll receive at retirement from UC's pension plan and retirement savings plans. You can change your retirement age and other factors to see how you can increase or decrease the amount you receive.
• Create a personalized Roadmap and Action Plan to help you get where you want to be at retirement.
• Enroll in a class on your campus to learn how to make the most of your retirement savings plans. Classes are no charge for UC employees.
• Get personalized recommendations based on your life stage or situation for articles, tools, videos and classes in the financial fitness library.
• Log in with your NetBenefits username and password. This means you won't have to remember another password, and you'll be able to access Fidelity to see your retirement savings portfolio or make changes.
• Within the UC Focus on Your Future website, you can access everything that's on the NetBenefits website. You can view your investments, change your contributions and take other action using the "Quick Links" button at the top of the website.
"The revamped website is a truly powerful tool that gives our faculty and staff the resources they need to plan ahead," said Michael Baptista, executive director of Benefit Programs and Strategy. "Take some time to explore the website and find out how it can help you make the most out of your UC retirement investments."
Katherine Tam is a communications coordinator in Internal Communications at UC's Office of the President.