Every UC campus, medical center and national laboratory employs a Health Care Facilitator to help faculty, staff, retirees and their eligible family members to better understand and obtain the full benefits and services available from their UC-sponsored health plans, and to provide confidential one-on-one assistance in resolving health plan issues.
The Health Care Facilitator can help you to:
- Understand your UC health plan coverage and patient rights
- Define your health care issues
- Navigate the health care system
- Resolve issues with your doctor, medical group or medical plan carrier
- Understand how Medicare benefits coordinate with UC-sponsored medical plans
The Health Care Facilitator does not:
- Provide medical or legal advice
- Act as a patient-care advocate for services/benefits that are not offered by UC's plans
- Suggest treatment plans
For more information, call your local Health Care Facilitator.